Monday, September 19, 2022

September 19th, 2022 Latest Musings

 I'm running into the beginning of the end for my potential to contribute to the world in a way that makes me feel like it mattered. I don't know if it will matter -- by making things better (cause it might make things worse, whatever that means), but I don't know if it won't, either. We can't know. I just have a feeling that more people better understanding their world is a net positive.

Understanding the world -- which could include a few different major ways (modalities) of understanding:

  • My relationship with and role in this world.
  • How the world works. (Various parts: physical science, social, who am I, how do I live and behave in the world, why things are including people and my relationships with my fellow travelers and with the universe).
  • What's important to me, to those in my circle and community, and to the current and future generations of humans.

I have  a feeling that the more people who can appreciate being alive and aware, for its own sake, the better they can cope with the other interesting events and challenges they encounter during their lives.

I really think the greater number of people who see the world as a place and time they can make other people's lives better, and their own along with it, and their own because of it, each of them multiply the betterment for others as well as themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment